Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Paper Crafting: Halloween Luminary

This is a sweet little Halloween  Luminary I made using the Silhouette Cameo electronic cutting machine. The cut file is Design  ID #49781 by talented designer Samantha Walker

For the frame I used Color Core Cardstock from the Signature Series. The lantern is lined with Silhouette brand vellum. I embellished each pumpkin on the four side panels with glitter. Using beaded ribbon from my stash I added trim to frame the panels.

ColorCore Cardstock on Amazon
The  clever cut file includes a bottom on which a flameless tea light may be set to illuminate this magical lantern from within. Do not use a flame candle in this decoration and risk sending you spooky celebration up in smoke. 

The Luminary measures approximately 5.5-inches tall and 2.75-inches square. The top closes with a drawstring, I used chenille thread in dark purple for contrast. It took just over an hour to create and cost about $1.95 in materials.

For more fun-not-scary  Halloween ideas follow out my Pinterest Board: Halloween

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My books on Amazon