Friday, September 12, 2014

Gardening: Hanging Violets

Over the last few years I have taken a shine to container gardening. The containers are such a fun and easy way to add spots of color and foliage to any yard. This year, when I did a count, I was authentically shocked to learn I had 82 (that's EIGHTY-TWO folks) containers scattered over the decks, the gardens, the entry, and the plant house. How did that happen? Quite frankly it was too many and challenging to keep up with sometimes twice-daily watering, not to mention the deadheading and trimming. But wow do they add some lovely eye candy to the world! The little birds and butterflies liked them as well.  Next year I shall try to contain myself a little better and not get so carried away.  

This is one of my favorite hanging gardens this year, a living globe filled with violet, sweet alyssum, and nasturtiums. I caught this image from underneath when the sky was perfect blue with oh-so-gentle clouds. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My books on Amazon