Monday, August 18, 2014

Wreath: Yarn & Pinwheels Summer Fun

This is a project that took a ridiculous amount of time for me to complete but I am pleased with the results. I found wrapping the 18-inch Styrofoam wreath with yarn a tedious and hideous process. I loved the yarn wreaths I found and posted on my Pinterest board, DIY Crafty Wreaths and wanted one for my own. Some have the yarn wrapped perfectly while others take a looser approach with the yarn over-lapping and criss-crossing. I opted for the perfect alignment. Could have just as well taken a quick trip to the funny farm for how crazy this drove me. At any rate, two weeks later I had the yarn wrapped and then turned focus to paper crafting the embellishments. Then the project was fun again! I like the results and the soft colors which are a departure from my usual green and purples. This is hanging on the French door from the kitchen to the summer deck.

Here are the details:


Materials:
18-inch round Styrofoam wreath form
worsted weight yarn: yellow, aqua, gray (stash)
bakers twine (stash)
craft buttons and pearl head pins (stash)
 cardstock, craft paper, stamping ink (stash)

SVG Files for the Silhouette Cameo:

Flower Garden Alphabet Uppercase: Design ID #57326
by Kolette Hall Studio

Build a Banner Set: Design ID#25737
by Lori Whitlock

Pinwheel File - included with purchase of Silhouette Cameo

No comments:

Post a Comment

My books on Amazon