Friday, August 8, 2014

Paper Crafting: Leafy Wreath and Blossoms

In January of this year I purchased the Silhouette Cameo Starter Kit Bundle from Amazon even though I'd never seen one live and in person. Reading about the cutting and printing possibilities on blogs and Pinterest pushed me over the edge from interest to obsession. Over the last several months I've worked to learn the machine and crafted numerous projects, some better than others. Most of my projects are home decor. I've collected over 1,000 cut files in my Silhouette library. I've also amassed a large selection of papers from cardstock to printed craft papers. It has been a thrilling learning experience and delightful creative outlet.

An evening rain shower pushed me inside from the gardens yesterday so I seized the chance to grow some blooms from paper. I styled this 11-inch wreath to hang on the nine pane window of our back door.

All cut files are from my Silhouette SVG Library.

Wreath shape: Leafy Frame by Sophie Gallo Design ID #58622

3d layered flowers by Lori Whitlock Design ID #25296

sweet by BasicGrey Design ID #55627 (I only used the butterfly from this 3-cut set)

I used brads from my stash and a few fill-in leafs and floral accents left-over from previous projects. I cut the leaf frame from four different colors of textured cardstock and staggered the layers to create the leafy background for the blossoms. I curled the leaves and the blossoms for depth and assembled all with low temperature hot glue. The butterfly is cut from foil cardstock, curled for depth and affixed with hot glue.

This is a simple wreath easily completed in a few hours. It looks light and fresh against the light of the window and adds just that little extra touch of homey decor that was missing.

I've gleaned much inspiration for paper crafting with the Silhouette Cameo on Pinterest. Visit my board: Silhouette Cameo Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment

My books on Amazon