Tuesday, August 19, 2014

KeepHerKitty Birthday K-Card

KeepHer was born in 2006. She is the daughter of a feral cat named Skanky Franky. Being in the country the wild cats come and go, but this little calico, well, she was a keeper. Get it? :) At any rate, I know it was 2006 but I don't know her exact birthday. So each year about March or April when she starts to get cabin fever from our long cold Katie-bar-the-door winters we have a birthday party.  I ask her, "Is today your birthday?" and if I pitch my voice with just the right enthusiasm she'll say, "Yeah" with a meow so long you'd think it was a drawl. Seriously. She really does.

When she gave the affirmative last spring I went all out to celebrate. Using my newly acquired Silhouette Cameo Digital Die Cut Machine I made her this 3D birthday card, my first 3D project actually.

Since she was turning eight I used girly pink and purple with lots of frills and sparkle. I think she liked it. Or maybe it was the Friskies Party Mix cat treats she loved more. At any rate, we beat -- at least for a moment -- the winter blues. The shadow box is 5x5-inches square and about 1/2-inch deep.

Materials:
pink & purple Glitter Cardstock (stash)
pink & ivory cardstock (stash)
gauzy butterfly embellishment (stash)

SVG files from my Silhouette Library:
  • Monogram K: Design ID#3082 by Rivka Wilkins
  • Floral Flourish: Design ID #45866 by Snapdragon Snippets
  • Shadow Box Frame: Design ID #37572 by Lori Whitlock

No comments:

Post a Comment

My books on Amazon